
of their music, NERO ORDER says, "we execute what many critics have referred to as “progressive doom” – slow, heavy, noisy music steeped in the tradition of…well…slow, heavy, noisy music albeit with relatively varied vocals, more challenging arrangements and increased focus on technical proficiency."
what grabbed my attention, aside from hoping they would sound slightly like candlemass [reminiscent of] was the fact that they "reject modern recording technology, instead tracking live to tape, editing with swipes of a razorblade and mixing with 100% analog equipment – leaving the end product with warts and all)."
that alone compelled me to listen as i have nothing but admiration for people who take the long route on purpose, even if the end result is crap [which in this case, it definitely isn't.]
to that point, they feel like it's worth it to share their creation with the world via blogs and the like, instead of engaging in what they call "silly music industry song and dance."
i've been sitting here trying to make a joke out of that promo photo [suits! dirt! edgy contrast!] but i just can't.
4 comments:
Sounds interesting, also because they are playing with Black Math Horseman. Thanks for posting.
I think I've had all the prog doom I can handle for a while. I respect the art of analog recording (especially percussion) as opposed to plugging in to an Mbox but using it as a claim to describe your band is fail.
says the person using the word fail like a 13 year old.
Post a Comment