I saw Sunn headline Emissions To The Monolith 8 and it was the most boring thing that I have ever seen,not to mention they took almost an hour to set up. This guy says " I can imagine that this must be what drugs are like". Thats because he is too much of a pussy to ever try drugs,which are much better than Sunn.
wow, lots of sunnO))) hate. I thought they were one of the coolest performances I ever saw, although attila was on that tour and did his costume thing.
then again, I love drone/ambient stuff. didn't watch this youtube clip yet but I will later on.
earplugs do you no good during sunnO))). tried it myself; the frequencies are too low, and earplugs are meant to cut out high freqs [cymbals, vocals, guitars, that kinda thing]. they were all in that sub bass range so it don't matta' much.
it was intense; felt like my organs were liquefying. it's surprisingly easy to meditate to monoliths & dimensions.
i dont hate sunn i'm just not into them, or any band that has fog machines this is what i assume all of their fans are like and amos is 100% right he's a pussy and 2 hours of sunn would be fucking awful
you take a sip right off the bat after saying your name
you force timing and its so phony
"the peachiest thing you know the greatest thing" well spoken
also you recreate events so poorly its amazing you thought you deserved an audience.
and you have no perspective for your viewers and what they could possibly want to see. you're anti jackie gleason, and on top of it your pasty and awful and your facial hair is absurd.
you're just not an interesting or articulate guy and that wouldn't be a bad thing, i'm not either, and being so is a talent, what is unforgivable is how you think you deserve an audience, thats just so bothersome i don't know what to say
now you by now will just say i'm obsessed with you or something to try and abate my statements, but i seriously speak for everyone when i say you do music no favors, and if you really were a fan of it you wouldn't bother attaching yourself to it, you make me like the band less and their fans.
5 seconds - 10 seconds didn't matter I couldn't really see past the medium I get that this is bad because some twat goes on and on (for 10+ minutes, apparently) about seeing Sunn0))) but this could have been about anything and I'd have hated it vlogs are terrible any time every time dude seems humorless and self-serious
Of course he had to play the "oh, you just don't get it" card. What a fucking pretentious wiener. I'm admittedly prone to violence, but seriously, I want to smash his head with a rock. Or maybe a Sunn Model T amplifier.
he has hundreds of videos of the same quality and length its bizarre someone this poorly spoken and long winded thinks they have that much content in them, to think you're interesting when you're not is the worst crime someone can commit
& I hasten to add, people like YOU, ruin music for others, clearly not giving a shit as to what you are listening to or reviewing for that matter, just spouting grandiose bollocks that sounds good (well ok as good as a person with a voice like yours can)
Ring the credit up at the till, who gives a shit, stick to vacuuming phallus/listening to Mumford & sons.
Well, I'm sorry y'all--especially Piotr--feels this way. Yeah, my videos aren't for everyone. I'm loud, out there, and kind of eccentric. I talk with my hands a lot, and I get a little excited about music. I love music, and I imagine that's why most of you are on this blog in the first place.
I started doing these videos because I loved discussing music, and telling people about music I think is worth checking out. And yeah, some of my videos ARE really crappy, hah. Hosting a show takes practice. I need a lot more if I'm going to make a living out of what I do. Sometimes I get really annoyed watching my old videos because I don't like how I come off, but I honestly see no reason in masking my excitement for music in my videos. If I'm happy to talk about something, I'm happy to talk about something.
I feel like this thread is a display of the power of video. It's great because it accelerates how people feel about you. I get a lot of positive feedback every day, but of course there will be people who see me and assume they know exactly who I am right off the bat. I can't help but laugh at words like "narcissist" and "sociopath," but I could understand them as well. You guys are only going on my videos, and know nothing about me. I don't go to my other jobs telling people I'm Anthony Fantano while blabbing about the bands I listen to, hah. Outside of TND, my life is pretty normal.
My videos are just my opinion. I don't see the things I say as objective, and I'd call myself a jackass before a "music journalist."
I mean, I tell people my name and interests on my YouTube channel because I want people to know who I am. People knowing who I am is the point of what I do, isn't it? I promote. I talk about bands I like. Instead of submitting to the rat race and just picking my spot at some faceless desk, I'm trying really hard to do what I love. And I might totally fail. I'm OK with that, because I'd rather know failure than complacency.
I know this comment and my videos just leaves me open for criticism and nastiness, but I'd just like to make it known I'm not some crazy, butthurt psychopath, hah. I hold no issue with any of you. I'm sure most of you have a lot of passion for music, and that's an admirable thing.
I'm just a guy with an opinion. Just because I record mine with a camera doesn't mean it's more important than yours.
39 comments:
What a fucking faggot
I saw Sunn headline Emissions To The Monolith 8 and it was the most boring thing that I have ever seen,not to mention they took almost an hour to set up. This guy says " I can imagine that this must be what drugs are like". Thats because he is too much of a pussy to ever try drugs,which are much better than Sunn.
I was at that Emissions, wasn't LowDivide(Rebreather), Grief, and Boris there too?... I walked out and slept in the car during Sunn... couldn't do it.
Nice shirt...but he sucks.
OK i was fine until he said he had his earplugs in and then I headbutted my monitor
i slept during sunn o))) too. fucking boring live band.
wow, lots of sunnO))) hate. I thought they were one of the coolest performances I ever saw, although attila was on that tour and did his costume thing.
then again, I love drone/ambient stuff. didn't watch this youtube clip yet but I will later on.
earplugs do you no good during sunnO))). tried it myself; the frequencies are too low, and earplugs are meant to cut out high freqs [cymbals, vocals, guitars, that kinda thing]. they were all in that sub bass range so it don't matta' much.
it was intense; felt like my organs were liquefying. it's surprisingly easy to meditate to monoliths & dimensions.
I didn't know Weird Al shaved his head.
i dont hate sunn i'm just not into them, or any band that has fog machines
this is what i assume all of their fans are like
and amos is 100% right he's a pussy
and 2 hours of sunn would be fucking awful
es un puto mamón.
bwahahahahahahaahhaah. you guys are too cute.
we are cute
and you are boorish and completely overreaching with your comments, you make words mean less.
Anthony Fantano is a producer, host, music enthusiast, blogger, bass player, weight lifter, and vegan
you are a boring sociopath who could not be any less self aware of how you're received you're unlikable and you couldn't possibly be any more typical
also your glasses are horrendous remove them from your face via boating accident
disliking you has gone viral
you're that polarizing
you take a sip right off the bat after saying your name
you force timing and its so phony
"the peachiest thing you know the greatest thing" well spoken
also you recreate events so poorly its amazing you thought you deserved an audience.
and you have no perspective for your viewers and what they could possibly want to see. you're anti jackie gleason, and on top of it your pasty and awful and your facial hair is absurd.
you're just not an interesting or articulate guy and that wouldn't be a bad thing, i'm not either, and being so is a talent, what is unforgivable is how you think you deserve an audience, thats just so bothersome i don't know what to say
now you by now will just say i'm obsessed with you or something to try and abate my statements, but i seriously speak for everyone when i say you do music no favors, and if you really were a fan of it you wouldn't bother attaching yourself to it, you make me like the band less and their fans.
5 seconds - 10 seconds
didn't matter
I couldn't really see past the medium
I get that this is bad because some twat goes on and on
(for 10+ minutes, apparently)
about seeing Sunn0)))
but this could have been about anything and I'd have hated it
vlogs are terrible
any time
every time
dude seems humorless and self-serious
No one gives a shit about the goddamn fog or Jucifer's garbage amps. :(
Why is it every vegan acts like a full blown queen, but dress like an urban outfitters shopping spree winner?
What a massive fucking whopper.
Sunn O))) are pretty cool but this guy's a douche.
I'm glad the fog kept him from dehydration.I would hate for him to die of thirst.
Of course he had to play the "oh, you just don't get it" card. What a fucking pretentious wiener. I'm admittedly prone to violence, but seriously, I want to smash his head with a rock. Or maybe a Sunn Model T amplifier.
he has hundreds of videos of the same quality and length
its bizarre someone this poorly spoken and long winded thinks they have that much content in them, to think you're interesting when you're not is the worst crime someone can commit
over rape
I wish I had AIDS so I could rape this fucking buttdart.
He sounds like a fucking Apple customer, he's also a vicious narcissist and we've played nicely into his hands.
This is all my fault for linking Jaaaaaaaaaci.
Forgive me for I have sinned.
If you're reading this guy, how has nobody run you down or stabbed you, you live in CT for fuck sake.
& I hasten to add, people like YOU, ruin music for others, clearly not giving a shit as to what you are listening to or reviewing for that matter, just spouting grandiose bollocks that sounds good (well ok as good as a person with a voice like yours can)
Ring the credit up at the till, who gives a shit, stick to vacuuming phallus/listening to Mumford & sons.
Isn't this that hipster that got his glasses tattooed on his face?
"vacuuming phallus"
i am dying
Plick. Come post here: reeelapse.com. Big Fan69.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:-p
Hey there, chinless wonder.
oh god. there is a new atheist album. i can't wait for the six year long dick beating session he is going to whip up.
His face + 10 minute long video = no.
Well, I'm sorry y'all--especially Piotr--feels this way. Yeah, my videos aren't for everyone. I'm loud, out there, and kind of eccentric. I talk with my hands a lot, and I get a little excited about music. I love music, and I imagine that's why most of you are on this blog in the first place.
I started doing these videos because I loved discussing music, and telling people about music I think is worth checking out. And yeah, some of my videos ARE really crappy, hah. Hosting a show takes practice. I need a lot more if I'm going to make a living out of what I do. Sometimes I get really annoyed watching my old videos because I don't like how I come off, but I honestly see no reason in masking my excitement for music in my videos. If I'm happy to talk about something, I'm happy to talk about something.
I feel like this thread is a display of the power of video. It's great because it accelerates how people feel about you. I get a lot of positive feedback every day, but of course there will be people who see me and assume they know exactly who I am right off the bat. I can't help but laugh at words like "narcissist" and "sociopath," but I could understand them as well. You guys are only going on my videos, and know nothing about me. I don't go to my other jobs telling people I'm Anthony Fantano while blabbing about the bands I listen to, hah. Outside of TND, my life is pretty normal.
My videos are just my opinion. I don't see the things I say as objective, and I'd call myself a jackass before a "music journalist."
I mean, I tell people my name and interests on my YouTube channel because I want people to know who I am. People knowing who I am is the point of what I do, isn't it? I promote. I talk about bands I like. Instead of submitting to the rat race and just picking my spot at some faceless desk, I'm trying really hard to do what I love. And I might totally fail. I'm OK with that, because I'd rather know failure than complacency.
I know this comment and my videos just leaves me open for criticism and nastiness, but I'd just like to make it known I'm not some crazy, butthurt psychopath, hah. I hold no issue with any of you. I'm sure most of you have a lot of passion for music, and that's an admirable thing.
I'm just a guy with an opinion. Just because I record mine with a camera doesn't mean it's more important than yours.
What an affable buttdart. I just hope he doesn't ever discover Repugnant or the new Sargeist.
Now I feel like a total arsehole.
"outside of tnd my life is pretty normal"
really?
you're just one of the guys?
its cool celebs like you are down to earth
i can't express enough my sincerity when i say you really have nothing to say.
tl;dr
holy fuck
Post a Comment