
So, I guess this band came and went pretty quickly. Their full length that came out last year was the first material I had heard of theirs, and though it is a good album, it didn't do much for me in the long run. However, somebody on LG recently posted this release; their first EP from 2006, and I have to say it's pretty spectacular. To those unfamiliar with the band, I'd describe their music as french black metal that is not afraid to borrow from complimentary genres in order to remain interesting and original... I guess post-black metal is a fitting enough label, but this release deserves some elaboration. I'll have to post some of their related projects, namely Alcest and Les Discrets, as they are comparably interesting.
dl
8 comments:
something about atmospheric black metal that even when done poorly i will always love it. it just seems so fucking hopeless. having said that this band has not done it poorly and it genuinely makes me feel like they did something somewhat new.
or at least thats what i've discovered in the last 2 hours of listening to this
I've been listening to this and wasn't sure if it was too over the top and cheesy to post it but it really is a good listen. I had "Les Ruches Malades" in my head for days
Oh jed have you seen the new unofficial teaser for MORTAL KOMBAT: REBIRTH?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmvxjnwbMPI
BONERZ
haha this is fucking awesome
I hope that movie gets made.
----
This Amesoeurs EP is great. Along with the Frail cassette, it seemed as if atmospheric/depressive black metal merged with stuff that sounds like The Cure or The Chameleons was the next big thing.
Then the Amesoeurs full-length came out and it wasn't great.
Ah, well.
Get the new Alcest, Niege from this band is in it, it's great.
showed the video to 3 of my friends. one insists he's going to baraka himself.
director has reassured fans "GET OVER HERE!" will be used in the film by Scorpion
Post a Comment